This is the meal I cooked on Saturday night at CF 2017. It is not any particular time/place/documentation but more an idea on a fairly easy dinner for a lot of people.
- bone in pork shoulder, whole
- salt, pepper, oil (I just used left over oil in the pantry, and pork doesn’t really need it.
The troublesome ovens meant we had to pull and dice these a bit so they’d cook right. Turned out OK but was a bit hectic.
roast carrots and onion
- carrots whole
- oil (canola)
- red onions peeled whole
- carraway seed 1 supermarket size pack enough for meal
Diced, roasted on trays with seasoning, oil and carraway. Kept seperate for allergy reasons. transfer to serving bowls.
- coriander fresh
- parsley bunches
- massel/low allergen vege stock powder
Just couscous, simple. 1:1 ratio of water to grain and lemon, herbs and if not for dairy free people, butter. Make it in huge bain-maire tins and lids on for an hour or so then fluff and serve. Easiest bulk-starch there is, and my favourite for hot CF times and lazy cookin’.
sauce for pork
- apples green
- bread crumb
- vinegar from panty
- spices from pantry
- GLUTEN FREE BREADCRUMB
grated apple & bread sauce with a small seperate GF batch
- cream 1 part
- nutmeg powdered one packet total
- milk blue 2-4 parts
- egg (yolk)
- LIQUID honey
giant pot of happiness. Also it’s nice with a lump of chocolate at the bottom; and also we had fruit
Bean pottage for vegos
- dry white beans canelinni
- onion white diced
- carrots whole
- massel/low allergen vege stock
- rice flour, 2 tablespoon ish to thicken
soak beans night before, boil til soft then fry w veges and a little stock and thicken as needed
peas fried with (and without) bacon
- frozen peas not minted
- bacon streaky
- herbs etc from pantry left overs
cut bacon. stir fry w veges. Season. Eat.